March 4, 2010
I recently told you that I had to replace all my body products, because every single last thing I was using contained harmful toxins. Now let me clarify – I did not dump or throw away what I was currently using, because that would be wasteful, and that goes against what this journey is about anyway. On a recent trip to ROSS I was lucky enough to find a bunch of healthier, organic products that I could use. I snatched them all up – not because I needed three different kinds of lotion, per se, but rather because everything I saw was so inexpensive compared to what I would pay for it elsewhere, and I knew I could not beat the price when I would need it. It is ROSS after all. There’s no guarantee that things you see there one day, will be there the next. So as I used my current body products up, I rotated the new ones in.
Here is a list of my current starting line-up:
- Burt’s Bees Color Keeper Green Tea & Fennel Seed Shampoo & Conditioner
- Burt’s Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash
- Burt’s Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Bar (soap)
- Desert Essence Organics Spicy Citrus Hand and Body Lotion
- Kiss My Face Obsessively Organic Rosemary Melon Almost Butter Ultra Creme
- ORGANICS by Noah’s Naturals Rosemary Mint Body Lotion
- Avalon Organics Vitamin C Moisture Plus Lotion with SPF 15 (moisturizer)
- Burt’s Bees Radiance Night Creme with Royal Jelly
- Kiss My Face Obsessively Organic Eyewitness Eye Repair Creme
- JASON Naturally Fresh Deodorant Stick for Women
- JASON Healthy Mouth Tea Tree Toothpaste
Now let me just say, these are not brands I specifically went out looking for. Most of them are products I stumbled across at ROSS. None of them contain ingredients from the naughty list though – propylene glycol, SLS, pthalates, parabens, artificial dyes. I intend to try several different brands and products (and will review them as I go), but wanted to share what I’m using now.