May 2, 2010
Without sounding too hocus pocus, I do believe that when you are on the right path in life, things seem to fall in place and come into alignment for you more. I have believed this for some time, but recently read The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne, and she talks about the same concept. Well this year I embarked on a “journey” to live more consciously. I have paid more attention to the products I use, how my habits affect the environment, I’ve been doing a lot of research and reading and watching various documentaries, I even found a church to go to where I can start nurturing my spirit as well – the Center for Spiritual Awareness. Well today at CSA there was a workshop called the Conscious Living Workshop. Really, universe? I’m on a journey to live more consciously, and you’re gonna throw a conscious living workshop in my path? I can take a hint.
The workshop was put on by Dr. Harry Morgan Moses. Dr. Moses is the Spiritual Director at SpiritWorks Center for Spiritual Living in Burbank, CA. He is a nationally recognized author, speaker, consciousness teacher, and motivational trainer. His book is titled It’s So Easy When You Know How. He also has a radio show called ‘The Moses Show’ on the New Thought Network on blogtalkradio.com.
The blurb on the flyer for the workshop reads: “The consciousness model is perhaps the most important information to reveal itself to the mind of humanity. In this workshop, learn the principle, what it does, and how to use it to create a life filled with meaning and purpose. Understanding the laws of consciousness and how to use them is the most important work on the spiritual journey of the awakening soul. Dr. Harry will share wisdom from his own personal journey into the deepest levels of consciousness. You will leave this workshop having grown more fully and having reached a higher spiritual dimension of “conscious living” that will bring more purpose to your life and the world-at-large.”
Wow. Those are some big claims. I will leave this workshop in a higher spiritual dimension? I’m skeptical of that. However, I do like the part about me learning how to use principles that can help create a life filled with purpose and meaning. That alone made me want to check it out. Well the workshop was three hours long, and I did walk away with several nuggets of good information, some of which I would like to share:
- Of you 60,000 daily thoughts, 98% are repetitive. Only 2% are new. The 2% is where your new life is waiting!
- Habits will do for you whatever you train them to do.
- What’s happening in my life is always a reflection of my consciousness.
- I don’t know how to create universes & galaxies, but I sure as heaven am creating my world.
- Mind beliefs affect physical body health. Your body can only draw from what you know in your mind.
- Awareness creates.
- The law knows how to do it. You don’t tell it how, you tell it what.
- Consciousness trains experience. You get, what you expect.
- When something bad happens, you have to ask yourself what you were expecting.
- As long as we’re on earth, we may as well do earthly things. I like having things, but I’m not attached to them. (This is similar to the idea Elizabeth Gilbert seeks to answer in Eat, Pray, Love – what’s wrong with wanting material pleasure and spiritual enlightenment?)
- The most difficult thing is figuring out what you really want. When you imagine your perfect job/partner/lifestyle, ask why you want it. Ex) career = wealth/abundance, mate = love, lifestyle = happiness. Asking why helps determine what you are really seeking.
- Do you know how to create? Act “as if”. Act as if you already have it, or it’s already the case. Gratitude helps as well.
- Your simple choice of where your consciousness is, affects everything.
Image Source: “Dr. Harry Morgan Moses.” Picture. SpiritWorksCenter.com Publication date unknown. 04 Apr. 2011. www.spiritworkscenter.com/newsletter.html.